Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Traffic-Stopper

Warning: if you're squeamish or vegetarian, you might not want to look at the rest of this post.


I won't say that this sight is an everyday occurrence in Paris. On the other hand, not unexpected or unusual.


The only difference was that the butcher's truck was stopped on a side street in Montmartre, blocking traffic. I was walking up the sidewalk and just snapped the shot.



I transformed the photograph to black and white to make it artsier and somewhat less ... direct?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm. Too bad I can't stop over for a bite wherever they're cooking that.

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Craig, I agree. You can't get tastier beef than that. I did wonder what the menu plans were for that tail, though.

I saw an article in the NYT last week mentioning a guy who had this witty T-Shirt:

http://www.thoseshirts.com/mur.html

Pearl said...

Actually, in a weird way I find this less disturbing than all the intact fish at the markets staring up at me... can't bring them home and finish the job. Must have my fish packaged in nice, anonymous squares ready to cook.

Polly-Vous Francais said...

I get weirded out by the fish swimming in the aquarium outside the seafood restaurants in Paris, too. Which one will be on my plate 30 minutes hence?

But you should have seen this photo in , um, living color.

I just had to publish it in B&W so no unsuspecting reader would toss his or her cookies.

Macet said...

Hi there
You think THIS is bad ?
well it is ok but have a look at the picture I took in the streets of Shanghai:

http://kemacetan.blogspot.com/2008/09/special-delivery-services-in-china.html

Enjoy !
By the way I linked my post to yours, just for the fun of the comparison !

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.