Saturday, August 09, 2008

Vanity Fair [hearts] Paris

This month's Vanity Fair offers not only a great feature story on Premiere Dame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, but also an in-depth article by Olga of Greece on one of my favorite Paris institutions, Deyrolle.

Hey, I think they like us!


I've written frequently about Deyrolle, which you can read here. The VF article explains the history of Deyrolle, its acquisition by the Prince de Broglie, the devastating fire last February, and the poignant subsequent offers of help from well-wishers around the globe, most notably Hermes, who designed a scarf to raise money for the reconstruction of the partially charred building. It's fascinating reading.
Gee, VF could have solicited me for photos of the burned wreckage and the sooty taxidermied animals: I witnessed it all in February. Oh well.

I haven't been able to find Vanity Fair at any Paris newsstands, but fortunately a friend scanned the Deyrolle article for me. Copyright laws being what they are, I can't include the whole article here. But if you haven't bought this month's issue for the sake of the Carla piece, please buy it for the excellent article on Deyrolle.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.