Friday, February 01, 2008

Terrible News at Deyrolle

I was heading down rue du Bac for dinner tonight and, to my horror, I saw pompiers cordonning off the area in front of Deyrolle, my all-time favorite shop in Paris. The windows were wide open and lintels of the windows showed stains of smoke.

According to the staff at the restaurant Atelier de Joel Robuchon, there was fire at Deyrolle this morning. No official word yet on the extent of the damage, but I shudder to think of the damage to the irreplaceable taxidermy inside.

1 comment:

Laura Frankstone said...

Oh, no!! This IS terrible news!

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.