Monday, November 05, 2007

Star Gazing

As I headed out to the movies tonight, I glanced briefly at my digital camera on the table. "Nah, I don't need to take that. It's dark out. Whatever would I take a photo of?" I left it on the table. Just so you know, I NEVER leave home without my camera. This was a first.

Do you smell a story coming on?

So I exited the metro right at the Gaumont Marignan on the Champs Elysees. Next door to the cinema there was a lot of hubbub -- search lights, a big crowd, movie cameras and a light-reflecting device that looked like a miniature zeppelin. A white limo pulled up. I craned my neck to see the action and the subject. No one was getting out yet.

My friend arrived and we went in to see the movies. We asked what was going on outside. "C'est un tournage" is all the cashier replied; they were shooting a movie.

Then two hours of George Clooney in Michael Clayton. He's soo easy to look at -- all those close-ups, especially during the final credits where the camera is zoomed in on just his face. When I see an American movie in Paris, I get disoriented and for a while forget what country I'm in. By the time we left the movie theatre, I had forgotten about the crowd and the lights next door.

But there was even more of a buzz in the crowd as we walked by on the sidewalk. There were extras for the film plus regular passersby, who started cheering on cue. Their cameras were flashing. This time I had a great view of the star as she strolled down the red carpet, looking gorgeous.

Catherine Deneuve.

No camera. I tried to take a shot with my cell phone, but didn't save it properly. Oh well, you'll just have to believe me.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.