Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bargain Shopping

Here I am in back in New England, a.k.a. bargain shopper's paradise. Fortunately there isn't much time for me to do major wallet damage, and I lack storage space in Paris, were I to weaken and actually buy stuff that I don't need. But all the local favorites do beckon -- T.J. Maxx, Filene's Basement, Christmas Tree Shops, Building 19, Marshall's.

However, they just can't beat my favorite bargain stores in Paris, the various bazars that are found in virtually every arrondissement. A concentration of them seem to be in northern Paris. From truly kitsch to remarkably practical, the wares sold in these tightly-crammed riyads are a bit of everything. At this one, Bazar Dejean on rue Dejean in the 18th, I found more fans, this time a mere one euro apiece.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.