Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ouch! My Back Hurts

It's spring break for US colleges and universities, so happily my daughter and a friend are here for a whirlwind Paris visit this week.

By popular demand, we had dinner at the legendary Bouillon Chartier this evening, with delightfully old-fashioned service, and waiters in traditional black with white-waisted-tablecloth attire. As luck would have it, we got one of the kinder waiters, a truly charming grandfatherly type. He was so sweet and tender, I wanted to take HIM home in a doggy bag.

Not so for the rest of the dinner. Unfortunately I have such a backache from 30 minutes of sawing through all the gristle in my gigot d'agneau that my shoulder blades may never be the same. Granted, I saved a few euros by going for a place where cheap means cheeeeeap. But the savings will have to be spent relaxing in a hammam tomorrow just to unknot the muscles and regain my upper back strength.

Restaurant Chartier
7 Rue du Faubourg Montmartre 75009 PARIS
01 47 70 86 29
www.restaurant-chartier.com

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.